Dr. J. Ram
Senior Consultant Pulmonologist
Dr. Ram heading the pulmonary department in this hospital has been practicing as counsultant Pulmonologist since 1995.
|1987||MBBS||Madras Medical College|
|1991||DTCD||Thanjavur Medical College|
|1994||MD (Resp. Med)||Madras Medical College|
He is a pioneer in treating Asthma, COPD, ILD and various other ailments that affect the lungs.
He has been associated with various organisations that keep updating on clinical and treatment methods and has also given various lectures in different IMA forums, conferences and also in live TV question and answers.
The department of Pulmonology has a state of art ”Complete spirometry” equipment which can even find out the oxygenation capacity and exercise capacity of the lungs. The tests are done by able and certified nurses in spirometry.
Allergy in the breath can be identified with FeNO Equipment for evaluating allergic asthma and rhinitis.
Diagnostic Fibreoptic Bronchoscope which is used to look in to the air passages to find out any swellings, bleedings, blocks etc.
Rigid Thoracoscopy is done to take biopsy from the pleura(surface lining the lungs), talc pleurodesis(sticking the layers of pleura).
Intensive care support is equipped with both Non-Invasive(mask) ventilation and Invasive ventilatory support is available with excellent monitoring facility and headed by experienced anaesthetists.
- Complete asthma management from prevention to control
- Interventional pulmonology
- COPD evaluation and control
- Rigid thoracoscopy and procedures
- Fibreoptic bronchoscopy with minimal procedures
- Novel ventilatory support methods
- Home oxygen and non-invasive ventilatory support
- Sleep lab and CPAP
- Co-Chairman Respiratory conference in Salem
- President Salem Respiratory Society
- Executive member Coimbatore respiratory society
- Member – Indian chest society
- Member- European respiratory society
- Co-author for nation wise study on patients with TB and COPD (To be published)
- Mon - Sat : 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Mon - Sat : 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm