Giving your child good health is necessary from the very beginning! You can give them this gift of health with SIMS CHELLUM Paediatric & Neonatology Care.
Get the best Paediatric and Neonatal Care in Salem with 24 hours in houseNeonatologists/Paediatricians /Paediatric Subspecialities.
Our Multispecialty Hospital is equipped with 102 beds and is located in the heart of Salem.
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
Our comprehensive services are
- 24 hrs OP / IP Services – Both
- High-risk new born &paediatric follow-ups
- Growth &development assessment (All days)
- Nutrition advice (All days)
- Vaccination clinic (All days)
- Counselling for Developmental Problems like
- Behavioural Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Special counselling for chronic paediatric problems
- Lactation counselling
- Dietary assessment
- Immunizations in routine &special situations
- Speciality clinics
- Well baby clinic
- Paediatric inpatient ward
- Level I, II, III & IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU Level 1& 11)
- Specialty services like Pediatric & Neonatal surgery, Cardiology, Neurologyetc.
- Round the clock Pediatric & Neonatal Registars
- Transport incubator / Ventilator to bring babies from referral hospitals
SIMS CHELLUM Hospital is the first private hospital in Salem and surrounding districts to have a separate state of theart Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (3 PICU beds & 5 HDU beds) with trained specialists available 24/7, for all children who need primary, secondary and tertiary care. Every effort has been taken to meet current quality standards and guidelines for ICUs.
Paediatric Intensive Care Facilities
- Invasive monitoring
- Mechanical Ventilation (Non-invasive(CPAP, BIPAP, HFNC), Conventional and HFOV)
- Renal Replacement Therapy (Peritoneal and Haemodialysis)
- Plasmapheresis and Sedation for procedure
- Patients treated here include any critically ill child, with diseases such as severe asthma, serious infections (malaria, TB, meningitis, Dengue fever etc.), head injuries, heart failure etc.,
- A new, fully equipped ambulance with air conditioning
- Portable multi-parameter monitor
- Paediatric transport ventilator – it functions as a true mobile PICU.
Department of Perinatology and Neonatal Medicine
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Level – 4 Unit)
We are proud to say that the first family centred neonatal unit in Salem and surroundings districts, First to equipped with nitric oxide since 2015 is ours after Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
SIMS CHELLUM Hospital has a level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). NICU has 10 Level I, II, III & IV beds, family centred rooms and a procedure room. Equipped with cutting-edge equipment, the unit is managed by a team of dedicated consultant neonatologists, neonatal and paediatric assistants, trained neonatal nursing professionals and other support staff. The unit caters to high-risk term and preterm babies and offers various intensive care services including
- Neonatal transport using mobile ambulance
- Conventional and high frequency ventilation (HFOV), Non-Invasive Ventilation like (CPAP & HHHFNC)
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Central Venous Access
- Umbilical Lines
- Invasive & Non-Invasive Monitoring
- Double Volume Exchange Transfusion
- Functional Echocardiography and LED Phototherapy.
In addition, we also offer
- Multidisciplinary Developmental Follow up Facilities
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopy for Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Well new born outpatient services
- Lactation support
- Prenatal counselling
- We have WHO recommended transport incubator with ventilator to transport all sick babies from various places.
Paediatric Speciality Clinics:
- Paediatric Anaesthesiology
- Neonatal & Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric and Neonatal Neurosurgery
- Paediatric Pulmonology
- Paediatric and Neonatal Radiology
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Paediatric Clinical Nutrition
- Speech and language therapy
- Occupational & Physiotherapy